1. Welcome to the Newly Renovated Lovestead!

Jessica Love is standing in front of a bathroom mirror. She is taking a selfie of herself in a black and white dress and fancy hair and makeup.
Me before a charity event in October 2019


Good morning sweet friends!
Welcome to the newly renovated Lovestead. The Lovestead is the name of my physical town home here in Iowa, and it is also what I call my virtual home here at this website. So, without further ado, welcome to my virtual home!

Here is a space for us to interact and share ideas. Here is a space for us to nurture each others’ growth and faith. Here is a space for us to support one another as we try to live intentional, loving, and truthful lives.

I’m so glad you’re here.

↠↞

Let me introduce myself a bit. If we’re going to spend time together, you should at least know the basics. I define myself as a hyper-feminine cisgender woman. I’ll talk more about how I define femininity in later posts. I am a new Christian having fully come into the faith in September of 2018. I’m still figuring out who I really am, and God has pruned a lot of layers over the past several years. This is a space for me to continue exploring, and I encourage you to do the same kind of exploration in your own life as well. While I am a practicing Christian, I welcome (and those who know me can attest to this), truly welcome, people of all faiths and belief systems in my home. I’m not here to change anyone. I’m just here to know you. And all I ask is that you remain respectful and loving in return.

While I feel I have some moderately traditional leanings, I am also a feminist and I deeply believe in human rights and dignity for all. A lot of people are confused by this. How can you be a hyper-feminine, traditional woman and be a feminist? How can you be a Christian and be a feminist? These questions will be explored here.

↠↞

I teasingly tell people that I came out of the womb nurturing woodland creatures and escaping to the sanctuary of the Midwestern prairie. I love animals and the environment. I have many pets all of whom you’ll get to know. I keep fancy goldfish and am in love with the history and tradition of fancy goldfish (although there is a lot of controversy around the topic). I am interested in conservation projects and am currently helping to conserve endangered axolotls, butterflies, and soon will have another tank of endangered fish. I love to garden, specifically butterfly gardening and indoor tropical houseplants.  

I am learning how to be healthy, functioning, and responsible adult in an often toxic, and hostile world.

Building community with you here can become a safe haven for us all and I’m so excited to get started. Tell me about yourself in the comments below. Who are you and what are your hobbies?  

Jessica





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7. The Cornerstones of My Femininity, Defined

5. Lessons on Stewardship

6. Mid-Week Listicle: Meet My Three Dogs