3. The Year in Books: 2019

A hardcover book is open on a white blanket. In the background is a blue globe and white christmas lights.


(Photo by Dollar Gill on Unsplash)

Good morning sweet friends,

I come to you on this January morning, snuggled up with Dinah, a book, and a hot cup of coffee. 

The past year was a strange year of reading. It was a year of putting down books halfway through. There were a lot of duds on my reading list. I tried to explore outside my usual reading preferences by trying new genres and new writers. This lead me to disliking a lot of what I read! I guess we read what we read for a reason, huh? 

↠↞

I don't think exploring new writers or genres is a bad thing AT ALL and it is something I'll continue doing. It is important that we push ourselves to read books that challenge us in different ways. That's when you discover them gem--the book that changes your life. I just don't plan to dedicate an entire year to exploration. There have to be some tried-and-trues in the mix as well. It's all about balance!

↠↞

Without further ado, my favorite books of 2019 were:
Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
Life Without Ed by Jenni Schaefer
Over the Top by Jonathan VanNess
Pet Semetary by Stephen King

Books I enjoyed but probably won't read again:
Airhead by Meg Cabot 
C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton
Frostbite by Richelle Mead
Pretty Little Liars books 1-4 by Sara Shepard

Books I re-read
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Books I started and didn't like enough to finish:
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy
Silver Thaw by Catharine Anderson

Looking over my list of books from 2019 has inspired me to do some meaningful, satisfying reading this year. 

What did you read and love in 2019? 

Until next time, stay cozy, friends,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5. Lessons on Stewardship

7. The Cornerstones of My Femininity, Defined

6. Mid-Week Listicle: Meet My Three Dogs